Last Saturday marked the end of another block of training. And this time around, I'm feeling much better about a few lifts.
Here's what was done.
1. 1,000 meter row...to get the juices going
2. Squat with 140 lbs. of chain, to an easy single at 520. We've actually got a special guest joining us for some training starting next Saturday. I'll just say this...We're going to have some pretty fantastic squat sessions.
3. Speed rack pulls with doubled monster mini bands, 10 sets of 3 to 315...rapid fire pace.
4. Standing press to 250 for 3 reps!
This is the lift that had me excited. A few months ago my press had fallen to around 235 to 250 for 1 hard, painful rep. If pushed, I probably could have tried a few more reps here. Weight felt light, and no pain in the arms!
I'm resuming my push to 315 in the press.
5. Floor board presses, feet out flat
- 3 board to 385 for 5
- 2 baord to 335 for 10
That'st it. Our training this week will be a little light. Honestly, eating turkey and hanging out with my son's going to be way more important. We'll hit it hard again Saturday.